- The Premier IdliStand is manufactured using pure stainless steel providing years of reliable service. Steamer is electric and gas stove compatible.
- Included idli stand yields 16 pieces divided into 4 stackable racks (7 ¾” diameter). Idli depressions are 3” in diameter and ¾” in depth.
- Easy stacking without spills. Central rod with sturdy heat-resistant knob securely anchors racks.
- Steam whistle signals when internal steam is sufficient to begin cooking idlis. Cooking time after steam generation is approximately 12-15 minutes. Whistle also helps accurately gauge if there is sufficient water for steam generation.
- Easy-to-wash stainless steel steamer with lid, base, trays, and rod with a sturdy heat-resistant handle. Dishwasher safe.
Please use a idli cooker with proper upward steam vent or a pressure cooker without the weight to steam idlies using this racks.Do not use any other container to steam idlies using this stand.
Directions for correct use:
To make the idli easier to release from the trays, grease the depressions before pouring the batter.
When stacking trays, make sure that the steam holes are alternated for even distribution of the steam.
The water level in the steamer is key to correct cooking of the idli. When filling pot, water should not reach the level of the lower rack or it can overflow onto the tray. The steamer should never be used without water.
Medium to low heat is recommended. Too high heat will cause the steam to not only come out of the whistle but to exit through the sides of the lid. Should this be the case, the heat must be lowered.
The steam whistle indicates that the pot is steaming the idlis.
Cooking time from the sounding of the whistle is roughly 12-15 minutes.
The whistle is an indicator that there is sufficient water in the steamer. When the whistling slowly weakens, it signals that the water has cooked out and a refill is necessary to continue cooking safely.
Once cooked, carefully remove the idli stand from steamer and allow to cool before handling.