- The Premier Idli Standis manufactured using pure stainless steel providing years of reliable service.
- Idli Stand yields 24 pieces divided into 6 stackable racks (7 ¾” diameter). Idli depressions are 3” in diameter and ¾” in depth.
- Compatible with any pot with a diameter larger than 8” and taller than 8 ¼”, roughly 7,5L capacity.
- Easy stacking without spills. Central rod with sturdy heat-resistant knob securely anchors racks.
- Easy-to-wash stainless steel base, trays, and rod. Dishwasher safe.
To make authentic idlis, an idli maker and idli stand are needed.
Stand has six round trays, 7 ¾” diameter, each with four depressions.
The trays are easy to stack thanks to an extra wide base and secured through a stainless steel center rod.
Directions for correct use:
To make the idli easier to release from the trays, grease the depressions before pouring the batter.
When stacking the trays, make sure that the steam holes are alternated for even distribution of the steam.
The water level in the steamer is key to correct cooking of the idli. When filling pot, water should never reach the level of the lower rack or it can overflow onto the tray. Pot should never be used without water.
Medium to low heat is recommended.
Cooking time is roughly 12-15 minutes.
Once cooked, carefully remove the idli stand from pot and allow to cool before handling.