- The Premier Idli Maker is manufactured using the highest quality, pure stainless steel providing years of reliable service. The durable non-stick coating allows idlis to release easily without breakage. The steamer is electric and gas stove compatible.
- Included idli stand yields 16 pieces divided into 4 non-stick stackable racks (7 ¾” diameter). Idli depressions are 3” in diameter and ¾” in depth.
- Extra wide base allows for easy stacking without spills. Central rod with sturdy heat-resistant handle securely anchors racks.
- Steam whistle signals when internal steam is sufficient to begin cooking idlis. Cooking time after steam generation is approximately 12-15 minutes. Whistle also helps accurately gauge if there is sufficient water for steam generation.
- Easy-to-wash stainless steel steamer with lid, base, rod, and non-stick trays. No scrubbing needed and dishwasher safe.
The non-stick surface allows you to cook idlis without greasing the depressions before pouring the batter.
When stacking trays, make sure that the steam holes are alternated for even distribution of the steam.
The water level in the steamer is key to correct cooking of the idli. When filling pot, water should not reach the level of the lower rack or it can overflow onto the tray. The steamer should never be used without water.
Medium to low heat is recommended. Too high heat will cause the steam to not only come out of the whistle but to exit through the sides of the lid. Should this be the case, the heat must be lowered.
The steam whistle indicates that the pot is steaming the idlis.
Cooking time from the sounding of the whistle is roughly 12-15 minutes.
The whistle is an indicator that there is sufficient water in the steamer. When the whistling slowly weakens, it signals that the water has cooked out and a refill is necessary to continue cooking safely.
Once cooked, carefully remove the idli stand from steamer and allow to cool before handling.